Updated: 15 hours ago
Hi! Hello! Welcome!
Here at Adventures with Amara we thought it was about time we added a blog feature to our website, just our space on the internet to share some things with you. Every two weeks someone from our incredible team will do a blog takeover and either share an insight into a topic that interests them, a progress update about our company or share an opinion on what’s happening at the time.
This week Kirija shares her views on new year’s resolutions:
Happy New Year – that time of the year where every greeting is replaced with HNY instead of hope you are well! Personally, I love the new year and I think it goes down to the fact I love Mondays, so January just feels like one big, massive Monday and I love it. You don’t need the beginning of the new year to set goals but for most people it signifies a new start, a time to reflect and make any changes if needs be.
Before I set any new goals, I like to look back on the previous year and reflect on the highs and lows and any achievements. Below I’ve listed a few of our proudest achievements as a company from 2020:
1. We wrote and illustrated book 4 during the first lockdown! (coming soon)
2. Shortlisted in the top 5 for AmCham’s EU Youth Entrepreneurship Award
3. Announced as one of TransferWise’s Top 20 Under 20 Entrepreneurs
4. Shreya and Sorochi did a radio interview with Switch Radio
5. We judged a category for 2020’s Global Youth Awards
6. Started university/gap year/work and have adapted to working remotely
7. Worked with the Royal Paediatrics Society to film a video which was shown at their annual conference
8. Rebranded fully as Adventures with Amara
9. Did a Christmas Giveaway on our social media
Wow. Just from doing that exercise right now, I’m amazed by all the cool things we did last year and it’s a great source for motivation too.
Here at Adventures with Amara, we know that books are an invaluable source to learn from and be inspired by. A personal standout book that I read last year was James Clear’s Atomic Habits and it touched on the importance of focusing on the systems we have in place to reach our goals rather than the goals themselves. This not only reduces the pressure we put on our goals, but we are more likely to achieve them and enjoy the process. So, our top tip for every goal or new year’s resolution you write down is to make a step-by-step action plan for how you are going to achieve them. Keep reviewing your goals too, as they can change throughout the year as you learn and grow as a person.
Our top 3 goals for this year are:
Publish book 4 on the Kindle Store
Find a literary agent
Do an amazing collaboration on social media
Let me know how you get on with your goals this year!